Weekend 3 – 5 October 2008
Wogarno Station, Mt Magnet
Spend a weekend in the Mid West Outback with some of Australia’s finest musicians and sound artists in this most enthralling country.
The Festival’s highlight event on the Saturday night under the stars will be surrounded with a number of events exploring the magnificent landscape starting on the Friday night at Lizard Rock and ending on the Sunday night at Wogarno Hill.
In between there will be workshops and sound installations (such as the Sound Kites) to choose from as well 55,000 hectares (130,000 acres) to explore!
- Colin Offord – Great Island Mouthbow
- The Isaac String Quartet
- The New Nova Band – String Theory
- Mr Sister ( Mel Robinson/Steve Richter)
- Ann Norman (Shakuhachi extraordinaire )
- Taal Naan – Rhythm Bred !
- Jon Rose and Robin Fox’s new music machines
- Alan Lamb’s Wire Music Installation
The Sounds Outback Festival is produced and presented by Tura New Music.
Tura New Music’s annual program is supported by the State Government of Western Australia through the Department of Culture and the Arts, and the Australian Government through the Music Board of the Australia Council, its funding and advisory body.