West Australian New Music heads overseas in January with the irrepressible Decibel ensemble on the road from Ghent to Palermo. On Tour Decibel will present works by WA composers including Lindsay Vickery, Cat Hope, Stuart James and Malcom Riddoch as well as Australian composers Julian Day, Thomas Meadowcroft, Warren Burt and Samuel Dusncombe. In Germany Decibel will team up with Australian ex pats Thomas Meadowcroft, Steve Heather, Tony Buck as well as Londoner Boris Hauf.
- 17 Jan Logos Foundation Ghent, Belgium
- 19 Jan WABE, Berlin, Germany with Tony Buck, Thomas Medowcroft, Boris Kauf and Steve Heather.
- 20 Jan DEINSTBAR, Berlin, Germany
- 21 Jan, Friedrichstadtzentral, Dresden with Alessandro Quintavalle.
- 24 Jan Staadthalle, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
- 27 Jan Zehntsheuer, New Music Days, Rottenberg am Neckar, Germany
- 30 Jan Perditempo, Naples, Italy.
- 31 Jan Cell Theory, Naples, Italy.
- 2 Feb Teatro Coppola, Catania, Italy.
- 3-5 Feb Il Suono De Soli Festival, Palermo, Italy.
The tour is made possible through German Radio Station SudWest Radio Funk and supported from WA by Tura New Music and Edith Cowan University.