Term: Part Time (0.6 FTE) 12 months with possible extension
Salary Range: $75,000 p/a + 10% superannuation pro rata
Accountability: The Regional Producer reports to the Artistic Director/CEO
Direct Reports: None
Location: Kimberley based (ideally Broome)
We are seeking a highly organised, independent and dynamic person who is passionate about facilitating extraordinary, challenging and innovative cultural experiences in regional communities in Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Working closely with Tura’s Artistic Director/CEO, the Regional Producer will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of existing regional projects, nurturing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships in the regions, and identifying and initiating new opportunities for further engagement with an expanded network of partners.
Tura (based in Perth, Western Australia) is a multi-award-winning national arts organisation that creates bold and diverse journeys exploring Australian culture, identity and new thinking through music and the sonic arts. Tura produces projects and experiences that celebrate music and the sonic arts. We prioritise collaboration, embrace cross-cultural learning and defy expectations.Tura makes a leading contribution to the cultural life of Australiaand beyond through award-winning productions and community engagement programs. Tura supports artistic risk and innovation to stimulate participants and audiences to experience uncommon perceptions of their world and themselves.
Winner of the APRA/AMC Award for Outstanding Contribution to Australian Music and Sound Art in a Regional Area in 2006, 2009, 2017 and 2020, Tura is praised for its commitment to presenting world-class Australian cultural projects in regional Australia.
Tura has been delivering collaborative projects in regional and remote northern Australia since 2001. These have been delivered in partnership with Aboriginal communities and artists. Our award-winning regional program aims to establish contemporary Australian music and sound art that deeply reflects the place that it is created.
The program features powerful projects that celebrate the rich complexities of Aboriginal culture and sonic art. Over the years, Tura has established deep and long-term relationships with regional communities and individual artists, which are at the heart of these regional projects. All of our regional activities prioritise and foster connection and collaboration.
Tura’s tours, residencies, and school programs create new possibilities – for Australian music, for regional and remote communities, for artists and for audiences in both digital and live formats.
Tura’s Kimberley-based Regional Producer will:
– Develop long-term planning for the sustainability and growth of Tura’s Regional Programs in collaboration with the Artistic Director
– Support the successful delivery of Tura’s regional projects, including, but not limited to Sound FX, Pilbara Sounds, The Journey Down Tour
– Liaise between the Perth office and regional stakeholders as required
– Maintain and nurture existing regional partnerships
– Actively seek new opportunities for collaboration
– Participate in monitoring and evaluation processes
– Pursue new regional funding opportunities
– Promote and advocate for Tura programs and events in the regions
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
– Proven experience in delivering a range of arts programs
– Knowledge and understanding of, and respect for, Indigenous cultural protocols and practices
– Proven ability to work collaboratively and to nurture and sustain meaningful partnerships over time
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and unsupervised
– Ability to communicate openly and effectively and build good working relationships
– High-level computer skills and a sound working knowledge of administrative procedures and practice
– Must hold a valid Australian C Class driver’s licence
Applications in one PDF document emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position enquiries to Tura AD/CEO Tos Mahoney email@example.com
– A cover letter (maximum 2 pages) that outlines your motivations for applying for the position and how your will utilise your background, skills and experience to further the aims and objectives of Tura, taking into account the Qualifications and Experience above.
– A comprehensive CV that includes contact details for 2 current referees.
Tura is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.